Why our Artists WorkEach member has a specific goal she has set for herself, which include:
- Being the first in her family to go to college;
- Buying a computer;
- Opening up her own business;
- Inspiring her children;
- Building a house; and,
Meeting basic family needs.
Mujeres Cambia provides a platform for women to gain financial independence, practice leadership and entrepreneurial skills, explore their creativity, and build a community of supportive women throughout Ecuador and around the globe. According to the World Bank, 70% of Ecuadorian women do not have their own source of income. Prior to joining the group, the majority of Mujeres Cambia members (89%) were dependent upon the income from their fathers, husbands, and sons. Now, our members have an independent source of income, increasing their voice in their families and in their communities.
- Alexandra's goal: To help other women gain financial independence.
- Angélica's goal: To run her own artist workshop.
- Betsy's goal: To open up her own ceviche restaurant.
- Biutty's goal: To complete the construction of her house.
- Carmen's goal: To help pay for her children's education.
- Elba's goal: To study medicine at University.
- Gina's goal: To to create a better future for her kids.
- Janeth's goal: To start a business that supports women.
- Jennyfer's goal: To construct a home for her family.
- Leticia's goal: To buy a computer for her children.
- Magali's goal: To be a role model for her kids.
- Maria's goal: To construct a house for her family.
- Maribel's goal: To support her children's education.
- Noralma's goal: To pay for a surgery on her knee.
- Patricia's goal: To open her own artisan shop.
- Sara's goal: To improve her house for her children.
- Rosa's goal: To contribute towards her children's schooling.
- Shirley's goal: To buy clothes for her children.